For the love of cheese...

We are cheese lovers! From Mr. R all the way down to baby N! Almost all our meals have cheese on top, and it is  a necessity in our home.With over 1,ooo cheeses made right here in our "Belle Province"(Quebec), it is hard  NOT to love cheese.(http://ourcheeses.com/directory/) Check out all the delicious cheese that comes from Quebec!!

We even have a specific drawer in out fridge dedicated entirely for cheese. At all times we have over 5 different kinds of cheese.(not including Kraft singles, necessary for grilled cheese!)


View IMG_20120619_085955.jpg in slide show
                          A little picture of our cheese drawer with 14 different kinds of cheese!!


And as I was cleaning out the fridge the other day I realized we could not survive in a cheese-less world. It got me thinking, what other staples in my kitchen could I not live without, and here is my list!

1. CHEESE: Obviously , As per my above statement, we LOVE cheese!


2. Balsamic vinegar: I put that  *bleep* on everything!!! It can save any dish from disaster.In sauces and vinaigrette.Great as a marinate for any meat, and perfect for grilling veggies!!



3:Olive oil: Again, sauces marinates, grilling, fish, and i also put it on pasta noodles instead of drowning them in water so they don't stick!!


4.Peanut butter: This one is easy, kids love peanut butter!! and it is delicious in any dessert!! on some days when the kids are cranky and refuse absolutely anything, a PB & J sandwich will save the day!!And i recently found out, that peanut butter is high in calories, but is also high in minerals, vitamins, fiber, keeps your energy levels high and is low in cholesterol. Basically it is good for you, and good for those mornings when you are running late and don't have time to make breakfast,let alone a lunch!!



5.Chocolate: Yes this one is probably on the top five list for every woman.I try not to, and my mind says, "No, don't do it", but my belly says "HELL YEAH"!!!And I feel that if I deny myself this little bit of chocolaty goodness,I might either become the Incredible Hulk , or you might find me on the floor in the grocery store , crying with a mountain of wrappers around me and my face stuffed!!so I give myself the luxury of having one itty bitty piece a day(dark of course because it's good for you too!!That's what i tell Mr. R!!)



6:Last but not least, Fruits! My kids are not big veggie lovers(they take after their father), but they absolutely love fruit. Any fruit really, oranges, mango's, apples, bananas, strawberries, melons, grapes etc... We have fruit for breakfast, snacks and dessert sometimes!!We do not go a day without fruit.Especially in the summer, hanging out by the pool, nothing better then a cold piece of fruit!!(or even better, a cold piece of fruit in that glass of Sangria!OLÉ!!)




What's in your fridge / pantry that you can't live without??

Comments

  1. Looove the image of you lying on the floor in the grocery store! I've landed myself there many times ;)

    1- CHEESE- In our house we also can't live without cheese! Moving back to Québec has totally added to our love of cheese! So many varieties so little time!

    2- YOGURT- We add plain yogurt on almost anything. It soothes a spicy mouth and adds a spash of flavour to an otherwise bland dish. In Middle Eastern cultures yogurt is a MUST!

    3- ALMOND MILK- I use dark chocolate almond milk to add some luxury to my morning coffee or chai! YUMMY!

    4- HUMMUS/LABNEH or other spread - It's great on rice, a quick dip for veggies and is a great sandwich filler with cucumbers and parsley! It's filling and loaded with Vitamins. Labneh is also loaded with Bacterial culture which is great for the immune system.

    5- FRUIT- like you I have fruit daily. My breakfast usually consists of cottage cheese (#1) topped with fresh fruit and a bit of granola.

    Have a lovely day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have hummus in my fridge, great snack or on the go lunch!!but i think i could go without it for a day or two, chcocolate is more important!!loool

      Delete
  2. OH YEAH FOR SURE! Chocolate isn't even in the top 5... it's like air! You don't get it you can't live! HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All must have foods!! I love cereals too and cannot start the day without a bowl of porridge or muesly.
    Fruit and veg and pasta are a must have too on a daily basis.
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! pasta definately makes the top 10!

      Delete
  4. Our staples. Cheese, milk and bagettes. Oh so french. Du vino aussi. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh, baguette, it used to be a staple, but now i enjoy it only on sundays for brunch with my dad!!

      Delete

Post a Comment