M in the city

Friday afternoon, ,dropped off the kiddies with my usual babysitters, mom and dad,  and went to meet M. I was in such a hurry,I forgot to change my shoes and left the house in my flip flops, oh well!! I hardly ever leave the house without at least one baby, so it felt kinda weird, being able to hear my thoughts without having to ignore some crying, fighting, mickey mouse singing and "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy!" This is going to be a good night!!

I was so happy and excited to see M!!Finally, someone over the age of 6 to hang out with!!! Don't get me wrong, my girls are great company.They are intelligent beyond their years and I've had more intellectual dialogue with them then with some people my own age,but there are times, when you just need to get out of mommy mode and talk to someone who's nose you dont have to blow!

We did what we had to do, a couple of wedding fun preparations, and as we left the last place on our list, we got caught in the pouring rain. I wanted to run through the rain like a little kid, but opted for a much  more adult approach and ran into the nearest entrance.FIVE GUYS.

                                                                                                 This is cutie M in five guys


Well, it didn't seem like the rain was about to give up anytime soon,and  seeing as it was late and we had already eaten,we decided to share a burger and some fries. It looked too delicious to resist.

These five guys got it right!


As we sat in the window and watched the passerbyers scurrying to to find shelter, flaunting our burgers, we sang along to some Elton John classics....B..B..B..Benny and the Jets! Absolutely love that song. Good times!!!

So finally the skies cleared and we decided to walk around the village and see what was happening.There is always something to do, and the vibe was jumping!Since we hadn't seen each other in a while, we had a lot to say,and looked for a quieter place to chat.We ended up here, one of my all time favourite restaurants!Great food, hot waiters and an overall good vibe.what more could you want??

Le Milsa....mmmm



Ok, for sure we werent going to eat again, but the terasse was open and they have an awesome drink that is definately on my top 5 ultimate drinks list (Gin seven = #1). Caipirinha, the national drink of Brasil!Soo refreshing and delicious, a couple of these, and you'll be speaking portugese!

                                                                                                Sim,eu quero um por favor!!
                                                                                                    (yes, i want one please)

It was time to go home, as i started to fight the yawns and thought about the drive home(Just thinking about going to pick up the girls an how cranky they would be when i wake them up to go home made me tired!)!!We really did have a wonderful time. Tons of catching up, and lots of laughs.I didnt want to go. Maybe I could stay here on this terasse forever and talk, dream , watch the night people. But all good things must come to an end.And my night was just getting started(we play musical beds all night long in our house, and the winner gets to cry, mostly the baby, sometimes V, and ever so often me!) 


                                                                                        The streets were buzzing with life!


Saying Goodbye To M made me feel like I was dropping  someone off at the airport and not being really sure when I was going to see them again, eventhough I was going to see her on sunday!So back to suburbia, back to being Mommy, good bye thoughts, good bye city lights,we will meet again someday!!Tonight, my life awaits.

Home again, and 3 little monkeys sleeping in the bed, i couldnt imagine being anywhere else!!


Comments

  1. OOOHHH reading this makes me miss you girls sooooo much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hooked my dear.... Everything you do, in the back of your mind you will be thinking "ya, that will make a great blogpost" happy blogging.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed rereading this so much. Cause I miss you and yeah this was a pretty great time in our lives! And it just keeps getting better. Miss you Mrs. L xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment