Rainy Day Stew!

Yesterday Morning around 4:45 we had a crazy thunder and lightning storm. It rained on and off pretty much all day.This led to a cranky day, everyone was tired and the kids were restless with their lack of daily outdoor playtime.What is better to eat on a lazy hazy rainy day...Stew...its easy to make when you really don`t feel like making anything! you just throw everything in a pot and...TA-DA!!! a delicious meal! It also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day.

                                         Looks delish!(have you noticed my food photography skills have improved?!?!)



Simple, 1 package of beef cubes,potatoes, your favorite veggies, tomato sauce,tomato juice, onion and garlic spice.(you can add just about anything you like, and spice to your tastes)

Spice and brown the meat, add the tomato sauce and juice, throw in the potatoes and veggies, bring to a boil, and let boil for about 5 mins. turn down heat and let simmer for about 1 hour!Salt and pepper to taste...
Et voila....It`s ready!Serve with white rice.


I'm so glad that the sun is out today!! we will definitely be getting plenty of vitamin D, and because i love to be outside so much with the kids, I'll give you a little preview of what i did on this past sunny weekend!

I  finally planted my herbs!! As Mr. R pointed out to my everyday, my poor plants were dying. I had bought them a couple of weeks ago, with every intention to plant them right away. But life got in the way, and they just sat on the front balcony taunting me!!!I am no green thumb , and closed my eyes every time i saw the empty pots, hoping they would plant themselves!

Beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon, it was time!I spent 40 minutes trying to rid my pots of spiders, without touching them!We live between a forest and a river!!! We do not have a shortage of creepy crawlers! I usually call C for pest control, but she was too busy riding her bike. I tried to drown them, but man those guys can swim. After alot of mommy screaming like a little girl ,they were finally gone.




                                        So N and I,(V was napping), got the job done, and got really dirty too!

                                                The girls love to eat the fresh herbs right off the plant, Baby included!!
                                                                                                           The final product!!


Now i will have my little garden all year round, i plan on bringing these inside in the winter!!
Every cook needs fresh herbs, and my selection so far is coriander, parsley and mint.Mmmmm, I will be adding more in the future, but for now this will do!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!!!

Comments

  1. So cute!!! I can actually cook this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta get my herbs going! I'm so late! I usually have Mint and Cilantro too :)
    OOH! Love the messy baby ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment